The Canterbury Commercial Organics Group (CCOG) is a non-profit group run by people active in the organic industry in Canterbury. Our vision is to expand the organic industry in the Canterbury region by providing information, networking, encouragement and mutual support for people interested in organics.
Our activities include:
- The production of a newsletter three times per year
- Providing information to organic growers, such as the Organic Updates
- Organisation of field days, seminars and workshops
- Promotion of organic farming in local and national media
- Linking with certifying bodies and other organic and environmental groups
- Linking with funding bodies (such as the Sustainable Farming Fund) so we can provide members with the opportunity to be part of research projects and other networking opportunities.
Canterbury Commercial Organics Group is sponsored by Viafos - NZ's eco friendly natural phosphate importer. Contact Viafos on 0800 842 367 www.viafos.co.nz